Saturday, November 24, 2012

Being Thankful in the (Germ) Storm

We are in the midst of a battle against germs. Two separate infections are wreaking havoc on our little guy and we are doing our best to not get them ourselves and to help him overcome them. Have you ever tried to explain to a four year old why he shouldn't throw his beloved stuffed animal (the one he's goobed on all night long) in your face? Or what contagious means? Why even though he does have pink eye and it's itchy, he shouldn't rub his eyes? It's been a little challenging in our household. Sleep has been non-existent or interrupted for three straight nights. It tends to make a momma a little cranky.

However, this is Thanksgiving week, and we have much to be grateful for. Even in such a time as this, we can have gratitude in our hearts.

I'm so grateful for Blaze, even as he's germing up the place...he's here. He's alive. His heart is strong, even with just two chambers. I'm thankful for the toys as I disinfect them, it means he's feeling well enough to play. I'm glad beyond words that he's a good medicine taker now, and that our trip to the ER in the middle of the night had no tears or fussing in it (despite x-rays to check for pneumonia.) I'll also glad I'm thrilled he doesn't have pneumonia.

Tim has a job that he loves and feels called to work. This past week he helped a missionary in Africa connect to his wireless account. Amazing! Tim has been feeling better, too, and that has been such an incredible blessing.

I have a job that I love, and a fantastic group of co-workers. I've never worked in a place so drama-free...at least when I'm in the office, training's always an adventure! I have the opportunity to pour into people whose job is to serve others. I've also been able to write some about Blaze and our journey. The first of those articles was published last week! I'm praying someone finds comfort in our experiences.

We have such a loving and terrific family, amazing friends and church family. We are blessed.

We have so much to be thankful for, beyond Lysol wipes and Puffs! God remains good and faithful, and we will continue to praise Him! In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. I Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment